Summer is quickly approaching, and even though it is only May 2 it feels like it could be the middle of June out there today! But summer not only means a season out in the sun life guarding my life away but a lot of bagged lunches, which is even more difficult to change up when sandwiches aren’t always an option.
There is always a good selection of gluten free breads (my favorite is Udi’s) at most grocery stores or at least Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s but if sandwiches are just not in your future here are some other gluten free lunch goodies I am planning on trying and some I have tried in the past 🙂
Some of my go to favorites are:
- you can use any type of grape, I prefer green, just stick them in the freezer until frozen.
- These are portable and good frozen or will stay cold if thawed a little bit!
Celery/Carrots/Grape Tomatoes – DIPS!
- Buffalo Ranch dip: ranch dressing of your choice mixed in with a little of my favorite Texas Pete Buffalo hot sauce!
- Peanut dressing: there is one you can purchase that is gluten free and delicious!
- Hummus!: naturally gluten free and pretty readily available, in lots of varieties.
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad 🙂
- GF pasta (Quinoa based is the best) cook and chill
- olive oil base over the chilled noodles
- chop grape tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, olives
- add salt and pepper to taste and some shredded parmasean cheese to top it off
Cucumber and Avocado summer rolls
- 2 Haas avocados
- 20 rice paper rounds, 6 or 8 inches in diameter
- 10 green lettuce leaves
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh basil
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- Visit William and Sonoma for directions
More gluten free ways to spice up your lunch to come!
xoxo Gluten Free Prep #GFP