So with everyone everywhere talking about pumpkin it seems, I decided to experiment with a little pumpkin treat myself. I found these on Pinterest, big surprise lol! And needed to make a special treat for a close friend who is also gluten-free! Yay! So these were an obvious choice!
GF Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin/Cupcakes
(props to Silvana’s kitchen, where I found the original recipe)
For the muffins:
3 cups rice flour mixture
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree
1¼ cups vegetable oil
Frosting: Cream cheese frosting (the original site has a homemade frosting that I did not have time to experiment with so I stuck with a traditional favorite!)
(you will also need an electric mixer, and cupcake pans duh! 😉 )
1. Place a rack in the lower third of the oven
2. preheat to 350 °
3. Line muffin pan(s) with cupcake cups
4. In one bowl, mix the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg white and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
5. In another bowl, whisk the rice flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
6. In a third bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, granulated sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
7. Whisk in the rice flour mixture.
8. Layer each muffin cup with some of the pumpkin batter (just a small spoonful, enough to cover the bottom of the muffin cup)
9. then layer some of the cream cheese mixture (again not too much you don’t want to run out and or have these things over flow)
10. FInally, add more of the pumpkin batter.
11. Bake until springy to the touch, about 25 minutes.
12. Let cool.
13. Frost early, to eat and enjoy warm!
Don’t forget to refrigerate to keep them fresh, and frost as you please! From the friends who have tried them, they all said they were good. Next time I mad add a little something to give them a little more lightness to the pumpkin batter but they are still so good! Cold, and heated up in the microwave later on; Also good without the frosting on top as a nice breakfast muffin 🙂
Enjoy gluten-free sweet lovers!
OH and PS! IF you miss wraps! Get these 🙂 🙂 They are called Sandwich Petals, I found them at Wegmans and they are so great! A post with great gf wrap ideas to come soon!