When I went gluten free the hardest things for me were lunch foods (sandwich-like) and foods that were quick on the go! And food on the go that was good and not a dried out rice puff bar… During my last Wegman’s excursion I picked up these gluten free wraps, they had chipotle pepper flavored, and spinach garlic flavored, and although they were green, I chose the spinach garlic ones and they turned out to be DELICIOUS! They are called Sandwich Petals and they are perfect for lunch 🙂 I came up with a few delicious combos for some yummy wraps!
- Turkey, hummus, provolone, and some spinach leaves
- Italian dressing, provolone, salami, turkey, and spinach
- Turkey, miracle whip, lettuce, and tomato
- Peanut butter, jelly wrap 😉
- Peanut butter and honey wrap
- Chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, lettuce
- Ham, cheese, lettuce
- Turkey, lettuce, guacamole, and tomato
And the list goes on and on! You could even branch out and use these as quesadillas or enchiladas! More experimentation to come! On the topic of experimenting, I had a kitchen success this week in making what I would call mini quinoa quiche. They were just an idea for an easy breakfast bite that I could eat really quick before my run to give me a little extra energy, and munching like 3 of these really keep me filled up for a while! They were a little time intensive in the prep work but totally worth it and I got about 30 from the recipe:
You need mini-muffin pans!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Spoon mixture into each cup
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
Enjoy! These are so good! I stored them in the fridge and have been re-heating for breakfast 🙂 perfection!
Thats all I have for now! Enjoy 🙂 xox TTFN GFP<3