It’s been a long time since I have done a post of my original reason for blogging, Gluten Free! It is something I have been embracing now since the Spring of 2011 so more than 2 years now! I have experimented a lot but every so often I find a gem that absolutely must be shared! (as well we some delicious snacks I have found here lately!)
First as a delicious (BUT SPICY) snack, I thought it would be fun to try a gluten free twist on a jalapeño poppers. They turned out different but delicious! Not too many ingredients but the wraps were a little more difficult to locate.
Gluten-Free Jalapeño Poppers!
You will need:
– Jalapeños (1 per popper, so get as many as you intend to eat… I would recommend sharing they are hot, hot!)
– Cheese sticks!
– canola or peanut oil
– 2 good sized sauce pans
To prep: heat canola oil in one sauce pan, and water in the other:
1. Cut the ends off, slice in half longways, and gut the jalapeños.
2. Cut a cheese stick in 1/2 and put 1/2 of it in between the pieces of a jalapeño and place them back together
3. You will need to soften the rice wrappers in the hot waters for moments to be able to wrap the popper in it. Once you have done that you wrap up the jalapeño/cheese duo and drop it in the very hot oil.
4. You will roll the popper around until crispy (chop sticks work great for this!) and let dry on a paper towel.
5. The repeat!
**for extra crispiness I wrapped and fried them again.
Once complete – serve with ranch and enjoy!
*for original version and AWESOME pictures check out Ohbiteit.com*
Another dish that I experimented with this week was something you can’t really go wrong with whether you are gluten free or not… drum roll please:
Cheddar Bacon Chicken!
It was so easy, and SO delicious! I found the recipe of a great blog called Gluten Free in Utah, her site is great and full of wonderful tips! For example I did not even know Glutino carried a type of Pop-Tart, exciting!!
This took barely any prep and I could eat it for days, you will need:
– Chicken breasts
– Cheddar cheese
– Onions and bell peppers
– salt/pepper/garlic powder
1. Cook up the bacon, I cooked up 1/2 a pack for 2 people and 2 chicken breasts
2. Once you have cooked the bacon, remove and let it cool and get crispy
3. Cook up the peppers and onions in the bacon grease, once those are tender put those aside
4. Then cook the chicken breasts in the rest of the bacon fat and juices from the veggies, you can season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and let that cook for a while until chicken is cooked through and tender
5. The in a greased pan lay the chicken down, top with the peppers, onions, bacon, and cheese. Then bake at 350 degrees until everything is melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Well that is all for now! More to come soon about my recent tree top adventure and adventure plans for the fall!
TTFN XOX Gluten Free Prep #GFP